SECTION 18A CSR BB-BEE LEVEL 1
THE BBBEE PERSPECTIVE - HOW OUR CORPORATE PARTNERS CAN EARN POINTS
HBUFC is a registered, well-established, trust focused on uplifting communities in Hout Bay through their Socio-Economic programmes. We are accredited as a PBO by SARS and are therefore able to issue s18A tax certificates to donors enabling them to treat their contributions as a tax-deductible expense.
Our programmes include:
- Rainbow Football for primary school children. We coach them and arrange games for them. This programme extends into reading classes for the children twice a week.
- Sisonke which instruct life skills for over 100 children through sporting activities.
- Assisting the local football association to raise the standards of the youth leagues for children under the age of 16.
- Supporting and coaching a semi-professional elite team which has recently been promoted to the SAFA 3rd Division.
- Supporting a network of football coaches to conduct the training required for HBUFC’s various programmes.
HBUFC are proud to announce that they have recently partnered with the Fleetwood Town International Football Academy (FTIFC). The Academy is a professional football club playing in League 1 of the English Football League (EFL). This partnership will add hugely to HBUFC’s efforts to bringing a high level of professionalism in the coaching and training of our youngsters.
HBUFC have also partnered with SAQA accredited training institutions including universities, colleges and schools thereby ensuring that our beneficiaries receive the best secondary and tertiary education available. HBUFC will be involved in facilitating educational bursaries and scholarships for selected candidates.
BY SUPPORTING US, CORPORATE SPONSORS AND PARTNERS CAN SCORE VALUABLE BBBEE SCORECARD POINTS AS FOLLOWS:
- The BBBEE codes state that SED contributions must have the objectives of promoting sustainable access of beneficiaries to the economy and facilitating income generating activities for targeted beneficiaries.
- If 75% or more of the value benefits black people as defined (Africans, Coloureds and Indians who are SA citizens) the full value of the contribution can be recognized.
- Contributions includes development programmes for youth and support of sporting development programmes. These are youth programmes which HBUFC are continuously involved with, as outlined above.
- The target to score 5 BBBEE scorecard points is 1% of Net Profit after Tax.
- The BBBEE codes state that Skills Development interventions must:
- Contribute to the achievement of economic growth and social development goals that will enrich the creation of decent work and sustainable livelihoods.
- Support professional, vocational, technical and academic learning programmes
- By providing funding for our bursary and scholarship programmes in favour of our beneficiaries, you will be contributing significantly to their future careers.
- The Skills Development scorecard targets are:
- Large enterprises: 6% of annual payroll to score 10 points
- Medium- sized enterprises: 3% of annual payroll to score up to 22 points