HBUFC UBUNTU live & learn
join the family
HBUFC Ubuntu is our internship and international volunteering programme. Through it we offer unpaid internships and volunteering in various projects, through contracting with volunteers from abroad (largely Europe and the USA currently).
Ubuntu informs and advises the volunteers and tries to find one or more projects in HBUFC, other organisations in Hout Bay, or the broader Cape Town area for the volunteers, taking into account the needs and abilities of the volunteers. Volunteers must be 20 years or over, and you will work together with our local teachers and other volunteers. The minimum length of stay is 1 month.
Areas of opportunity:
● Fitness or Conditioning coaching
● Sports coaching (football, basketball, boxing, cricket, sports science)
● Office admin and support
● Social media and website development
● Tutoring and academic support
● Working with social programmes such as aftercares and orphanages
Our volunteers are utilised for a wide range of tasks, from coaching over teaching to administrative duties, and are given a great deal of responsibility. A passion for football is a definite plus. The choice of which age groups and genders you would like to work with is given to you if you want to get involved in coaching our football teams.
THE UBUNTU PROGRAMME INCLUDES:
The total amount includes the following:
● Pick-up and drop-off service from and to the airport, Cape Town, South Africa.
● Welcome tour of Cape Town and Hout Bay
● Comfortable and safe accommodation with a host family or an apartment in Hout Bay. You share the accommodation with one or another volunteer, and potentially with players from our HBUFC teams.
● Trustworthy, personal and professional support is available 24 hours, 7 days a week with advice and action.
● Processing of application documents, contracts as well as paperwork to get the programme accredited by your university
● Support with applications for scholarships or financial aid (if applicable)
● Support with all travel preparations (Flight, Insurances, Vaccinations, Transfer to the project etc.)
● Support with your visa application
● Support in organising weekend activities or planning a tour in South Africa
● Access to our volunteer network in South Africa as well as contact to other participants before departure and during your stay
● Competent (German and English speaking) contact persons in Cape Town to support you with all questions and problems while you are in South Africa
● Volunteer and/or internship confirmation for your CV
● 10% of your monthly contribution goes towards funding the organisation’s programmes with
● Return Flight from your home country to South Africa
● International Health Insurance
● Personal expenditure for spare time activities
Our program addresses volunteers aged 20+ who are willing to work 4/5 days a week with an average of 40 hours a week. The tasks you’ll get involved in and the duration of your stay are up for discussion with a minimum of one month. Having a driver’s license is a plus.
Your monthly contribution, which encompasses accommodation, networking, and transport, amounts to:
● 700€ / 800$ (per person per month for month 1 to 3 – sharing a room)
● 600€ / 700$ (per person per month for month 4 – sharing a room)
● 500€ / 600$ (per person per month from month 5 – sharing a room)
Activities around Hout Bay and Cape Town
● Table Mountain hike
● Open Air cinema
● Seal snorkling
● Sightseeing Tour
● Tandem paragliding
● Nightlife and festivals
● And much more…