Match Report – Junction Rovers v #HBUFC

Junction Rovers 6 – 3 #HBUFC

Even though HBUFC looked the better team from the beginning, they still ended up conceding an early goal. After that shock early goal by Junction Rovers, our boys took their time to find their feet and conceded another goal, putting us 2-0 down 15 mins into the game.

There after the HBUFC lads started giving the kind of pressure that was expected and were displaying good build up plays and good attacking football. They had several chances in the space of 5 mins. This gave them the confidence to put a goal in through Dillon Lakay “Zlatan” with the score now at 2-1.HBUFC won a penalty which was foolishly negated by a late offside decision by the linesman.

HBUFC started playing very exciting football going forward but couldn’t capatalise on any of the chances they were creating and also looked very shaky in defence. Junction Rovers only needed two counter attacks to get 2 goals in ending the first half at 4-1 to Junction Rovers.

2nd half begins and HBUFC are palying good team football. Knocking the ball around and then pumping it forward to the wingers and strikers. Mzwandile Zwai Ntozini puts one into the roof of the net 52 mins into the game with the score now at 4-2. Junction Rovers responded immediately with a goal 2 mins later making the score 5-2.

So far all of Junction Rovers goals were counter attacks with 2 of them clearly offside but the indecisive linesman disagreed. HBUFC won a penalty, which was taken by Dillon Arendse, but Junction Rovers goalkeeper made a great save to deny him a goal.

A couple of mins later, Dillon, a.k.a “Zlatan”, made a surging run up the left flank, beating two defenders and whipped a great cross into the box to Dillon Arendse’s feet who had a great tap in goal from outside the 6 yard box with the score now at 5-3.

5 mins before full time Junction Rovers took advantage of an HBUFC defensive scramble and got another goal, ending the game 6-3 for them to grab all 3 points.